- Corinth gets some attention in the newest Mediterranean history book: David Abulafia, The Great Sea: A Human History of the Mediterranean, Oxford 2011: Oxford University Press.
- Also in this book: Victor Davis Hanson (ed.), Makers of Ancient Strategy: From the Persian Wars to the Fall of Rome, Princeton 2010: Princeton University Press.
- William J. Cherf, “Procopius De aedificiis 4.2.1–22 on the Thermopylae Frontier,” in Byzantinische Zeitschrift 104.1 (2011), 71–113.
- Matt Malcolm of cryptotheology briefly reviews Brian Rosner (ed.), The Wisdom of the Cross: Exploring First Corinthians (Apollos 2011); and also reviews Paul W. Barnett, The Corinthian Question: Why did the Church Oppose Paul? (2011).
- In a recent Review of Biblical Literature, James Howard reviews Michael R. Cosby, Apostle on the Edge: An Inductive Approach to Paul, Louisville 2009: Westminster John Knox Press. Cosby is a colleague at Messiah College.
- Recent reviews at RBL by L. Ann Jervis (PDF) and Kevin McCruden (PDF) discuss Troels Engberg-Pedersen, Cosmology and Self in the Apostle Paul: The Material Spirit, Oxford 2010: Oxford University Press. Engberg-Pederson discusses passages like 1 Cor. 15, 1 Cor. 2.14-15, 1 Cor. 7.5, and 2 Cor. 5.1-4, among others. Another work that draws attention to Stoic influences or parallels in Paul’s thinking.
- Rudolph, David J., A Jew to the Jews: Jewish Contours of Pauline Flexibility in 1 Corinthians 9, Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament 2. Reihe 304, Tubingen 2011: Mohr Siebeck.
- Ranjit. A. Thuraisingham, “A contemporary scientific reading of St. Paul on human duality,” in Journal for Interdisciplinary Research on Religion and Science 9 (2011), 150-169.
- Have I already posted this one? Kenneth E. Bailey, Paul through Mediterranean Eyes: Cultural Studies in 1 Corinthians, Intervarsity Press: Downers Grove 2011.
- Julien M. Ogerea, “Paul’s Leadership Ethos in 2 Cor 10–13: A Critique of 21st Century Pentecostal Leadership, in Australasian Pentecostal Studies 13 (2010), pp. 21-40.
- Betsey Robinson, Histories of Peirene: A Corinthian Fountain in Three Millennia, Princeton 2011: American School of Classical Studies at Athens.
Geological and Environmental Studies:
- More on tsunamis: Koster, B., K. Reicherter, A. Vott, and C. Grutzner, “Identifying sedimentary structures and spatial distribution of tsunami deposits with GPR – examples from Spain and Greece,” in Advanced Ground Penetrating Radar (IWAGPR), 2011 6th International Workshop (July 2011), pp. 1-6.