Odds, ends, miscellany and fun:
- After my post on extreme sports at the Isthmus, I realize I left out the Isthmia Open! Imagine 160 chess players from countries everywhere. I love the choice of venue with its gesture to the ancient games.
- St. Paul’s Corinth as reality TV show: “But wait–actually, there is a place observe struggling churches filled with reality stars. It’s the New Testament…. Take the church in Corinth–please. It was a crazy mix of spirituality, worldliness, excess, and beauty. In others words, a church very much like yours.”
- This well-watered Corinth illustration is appropriate after my Histories of Peirene review
- Recent Corinthians commentary from Cryptotheology: On the Absence of Anti-Corporeal Sentiment in the Corinthian Church and What is going on in 1 Corinthians 12-14?
- The best title from the blogosphere: Saint Paul and youth football
- “Tyrant’s City Still a Treasure” in the New Zealand Herald