Here is the latest gaggle of articles, books, and theses that filtered into my feed last month – all of which have something to do with the Corinthia directly or indirectly (parallels and comparanda).
- Pullen, Daniel J. “‘Minding the Gap’: Bridging the Gaps in Cultural Change Within the Early Bronze Age Aegean.” American Journal of Archaeology 117, no. 4 (2013): 545–553.
- Curnow, Trevor. “The Cult of Asclepius: Its Origins and Early Development.” Bulletin of the John Rylands Library 89, no. -1 (2013): 67–83. doi:10.7227/BJRL.89.S.5.
- Hudelson, Natalia. “Medea and Her Children at Corinth and Beyond: Myth, Cult, and History.” PhD Thesis, University of Pennsylvania, 2013. http://repository.upenn.edu/dissertations/AAI3565091
- Sapirstein, Philip. “Painters, Potters, and the Scale of the Attic Vase-Painting Industry.” American Journal of Archaeology 117, no. 4 (2013): 493–510. doi:10.3764/aja.117.4.0493.
- Waldner, Katharina. “Dimensions of Individuality in Ancient Mystery Cults: Religious Practice and Philosophical Discourse.” In The Individual in the Religions of the Ancient Mediterranean, edited by Jörg Rüpke, 215–242. Oxford University Press, 2013. http://books.google.com/books?id=XeKdAAAAQBAJ.
- Apostolopoulos, G., D. Minos-Minopoulos, G. Amolochitis, K. Pavlopoulos, and A. Papadopoulos. “Geophysical Investigation for the Detection of Liquefaction Phenomena in an Archaeological Site, Lechaion, Greece” (2013). doi:10.3997/2214-4609.20131379.
- Minos-Minopoulos, D., K. Pavlopoulos, G. Apostolopoulos, D. Dominey-Howes, and E. Lekkas. “Preliminary Results of Investigations of Possible Ground Deformation Structures in the Early Christian Basilica, Ancient Lechaion Harbour, Corinth, Greece.” Bulletin of the Geological Society of Greece, Vol. XLVII 2013 Proceedings of the 13 Th International Congress, Chania, Sept. 2013 (2013). http://www.elekkas.gr/attachments/1255_245_13thEGE.pdf
- Liubinskas, Susann. “The Body of Christ in Mission: Paul’s Ecclesiology and the Role of the Church in Mission.” Missiology: An International Review 41, no. 4 (2013): 402–415. doi:10.1177/0091829613495267.
- Tomlin, Graham. Looking Through the Cross: The Archbishop of Canterbury’s Lent. A&C Black, 2013.
- Aylward, William, ed. Excavations at Zeugma, Conducted by Oxford University. Los Altos, California: The Packard Humanities Institute, 2013. http://zeugma.packhum.org/toc
Categories: Archaic, Bibliography, Bronze Age, Ceramics, Classical, Corinthian Scholarship (monthly), Diachronic, Dissertations and Theses, Economy, Greek (Geometric-Hellenistic), Hellenistic, Late Antiquity, Periods, Roman, Religion, 1 Corinthians, Religion, Roman, Religion, St. Paul, Sites, Kenchreai, Sites, Lechaion, Sites, Lechaion Basilica, Sites, Urban Center